06 August 2010

The Adventure Continues


It has been a worthwhile time at home and the Bay Area. Some good, some bad, but overall it has been wonderful to be home near all the things I grew up with. Now after a long two-year wait, I finally get to attend Health Services Technician “A” School. I have been working with the Independent Duty Health Services Technician at the Air Station, but it will be nice to finally earn those crows and officially do the work. It has been a very helpful experience to work with HS1 Capra.

Other than work I have kept myself as active as possible considering I blew out my shoulder. Now let me clear the air on that. Remember to include all the words, otherwise the whole truth is not told. I was doing an “Epic Flying Kick Ninja Role,” I know it sounds to awesome to visualize. The landing did not go so well, I ended up sustaining a fifth degree AC Joint separation. Long Story short I had to have surgery to repair my damaged shoulder followed by a four-month recovery process of light duty and physical therapy. Fortunately it was repairable and I am now fully functional once again.

Before that I was very active and having more fun than I have ever had in this area; Trampoline Dodge Ball, Tiki Lounges, Hiking, Running and of course the beautiful city of San Francisco. I have met a wonderful group of people along with someone very special in the process. I have been taking Jeff out regularly, my friends since second grade. He is now in a group home and does not get out much to just have a good time. He is fearless on the dance floor, a regular chick magnet. He definitely has some work when it comes to Go Carts, but that will happen in time. He has come a long way and I hope to do anything I can to help him. This will be a little more difficult with “A” School, but I can still help out a little.





It was nice to be home for the Family Pinecrest Trip. There were 21 people including the guests of the family. Both Amy and Rob enjoyed the trip and did well meeting the family. The dogs loved the water as usual and weather was spectacular. Time moves at a different rate there. Even three days feel like a long relaxing vacation. There is no pressure to do anything, yet so much available. I sailed the Hobie Cat with Amy, Hiked to Cleo’s Bath and saw the wildflowers. I took some nice macro shots that turned out quite nice.




Now I embark on the next stage of my Coast Guard Adventure. It may not be in the wilds of Alaska, but it is a gateway to many more opportunities. The training will be in Petaluma for four months. I have heard that it is fairly intense, I shall have to see when I get there. I look forward to the challenge.

No comments: