31 August 2010

A Time to Work, Play and Relax

Coasties before the Colors Ceremony.

The Last couple week have been a lot of work, some needed relaxation and having a good time when the opportunity presented itself. Between studying for test, reading and practicing for practical; I found time to see the girlfriend, go to a concert and have my first race experience.

EMT Class has been busy we are in the final week and it has been a lot of work getting through this class. The entire group has worked hard and we are still standing. If all goes well, we will maintain our team into HS A-School. The only hurdle in our way now is the final exam and practical’s . The National Registered EMT Test is the following day. Then A-School officially starts. The weeks have gone by quickly, but it has been a healthy challenge for the mind and a good refresher for my EMT Knowledge. I am confident that the class will do well.


Coasties Hanging out in the Pit Crew Area.




Racing around the track.



On the lighter side of the life is the wonderful girlfriend and a great concert. I went and saw Dave Matthews Band with Amy at the Shoreline. He put a great show on. I did not recognize all the songs, but it was fun to dance to them on the lawn all night long. I am fortunate to have these opportunities to enjoy life.

In addition I went to my first professional racing event. I had the opportunity to volunteer for the Flag Ceremony at Infineon Raceway on Military Appreciation day. It was a honor to be a part of the ceremony, but the real experience was being able to go virtually anywhere on the track. I even got to go around at around 90 miles per hour before the race began. I spent some time in the pit and the garages. I am not a huge fan of racing, but the passion people hold for that sport is amazing. For them it is a lifestyle, not just a sport.

Overall life is good and I look forward to the relief of the EMT class being behind me. Once I get through this, I will have plenty opportunities before me.

No comments: