18 April 2009

Club KPC Showdown and Phycal Fitness

What follows is a shocking and true account of Club KPC. Not for the light hearted or easily injured. A first experience for me in many cases, something memorable, a realization to the reality of Loran Station Port Clarence. As terrifying as it was exciting.
It all started with the decision to read a spiritual oriented book and see what was happening on the rec deck. So I ventured down the hallway my eyes scanning the pages as I scanned in front of me. It was a good chapter; I was not able to take my eyes off it. When I reached the rec deck, the loud music, collision of pool balls and people all around, I continued reading. Finally reaching the conclusion of the chapter is when the desire came to me.
In a loud clear voice, inside my head of course. “BEER” it said. I followed the desire to the fridge and opened a cold Corona. Man it felt good hitting my lips. So the night continued as can be expected until all sanity was lost. The mosh pit happened and changed everything. It was a great idea, if you don’t mind being thrown around a little. A guy my size even when in good shape cannot fight the forces of six foot something behemoths.
I got checked in the chest and fell down laughing as the wind was knocked out of me. It was okay, I got right back up and jumped back in only to be deflected off two more people into heater with the square of my back. I got right back up and jumped in once again pushing with all I could. I had a great time. It took determination and dedication to the cause of the mosh pit, but I survived until the end.
So like moths flying to the light, we all flooded the conex as the music picked up. All was going well except that someone kept pushing me back into my chair. So I did what any red blooded American would do when they are being prevented from having fun. I stood up for myself and tackled him. In that process, I proved myself.
It was a good night. I had a great time, I suppose that is what matters. How could I not when there is dancing, music, fun people and beer. Have a great day and I hope to hear from you soon.

I am back already. The Internet is so slow I was able to write another entry before the other one posted. We had a physical Fitness challenge today and I can say that I improved drastically from the last time we did this. I even took second place. The competition was not as fierce this time. No Reyes, No Em1 Smith or Chief Morgan. I did 76 push ups within one minute, 56 sit-ups in one minute, benched 205 pounds officially, but got 210 after the competition. I did 30 dips and 16 pull-ups. I improved on everything and was very happy with my performance. I had a good time too. I did much better than I expected to do. Seaman Miller took first, no big surprise there and Et3 Bailey took third. There is always room to improve though. I finally got my weight training spread sheet working the way I want so I have a really good snapshot of how I am doing. Once again I hope to see you all again soon. I should know soon when I will be going on mid-tour. Have a wonderful day.
I will post some pictures once I get some, I am still working on the camera ordeal.

No comments: