01 November 2010

Halloween!

Halloween is one of those holidays that is never the same as it was before. There are always new costumes and it always seems more important when you are a kid. I suppose the candy and sweets are the draw to that, before you have to worry about cavities. Still, it is an enjoyable time of year even if all you get to see is how all the kids dress up.





This year I spent time working on the haunted cruise ship for the class. It turned out quite nice. The kids seemed to enjoy it. I usually enjoy doing those sorts of projects even if it does take time from a weekend or relaxation. Who ever said that a little manual labor was not relaxing. It definitely does take a fair amount of work, but I did not stress over it. It was a competition, but who really cares who wins or loses. When it comes to medical I can expect nothing less than 100 percent, but for recreation, I can settle for a good time and spreading some smiles.







Unfortunately, some let the stress get to them, but I suppose that is who they are. I think that we did an absolutely fabulous job on our section. The whole cruise ship was good though. A little scary for the really young ones, but overall it was a fun experience. How often do you get to be really obnoxious in a mask or not be called strange to wear roman battle armor or a cloak? Last year I was a priest, dispensing fine liquor. This year I did not have a costume, but enjoyed the work for the class competition.



Puerto Rico is becoming more of a reality, it was a little difficult to accept initially with the necessary sacrifices, but who am I to say no to a new adventure? Life will be what it is, I am here for the ride. Fortunately it has been full of blessing of family, friends and experiences. Simply stated, life is good. I know that those that matter will stand by me no matter what I end up doing or where I end up.

No comments: