16 May 2009

An Early Summer Alaskan Dream






Long days and very short nights are the mark of the season. Although we still have plenty of snow here, it is melting very quickly. The weather is comfortable and if there is no fog you can see to infinity. When there is fog, it is like living in a snow globe. Even the tower only a quarter mile away is hidden from our sight. And in this beautiful and sometimes cloaking weather, two close shipmate moved on the greener pastures. Delayed, but they made it out of the fog eventually. As much as I will miss them, I am happy that they are were they want to be, both a benefit to the station and good friends to all that knew them.
For me it was the first to leave that I was close enough to, to miss. As for the others, I was not here long enough to get to know them or really become an intricate part of the stations microcosm of society. I miss them because they became a part of my experience, proud to say a positive side. But enough of that. As you can see I included some pictures of the beauty I see up here. I got my mid tour approved and my flights arranged so I will see the family soon. Have a wonderful day.

No comments: