21 May 2009

A Beautiful Day






I finally got out of the station and got to take some pictures. It feels like I have gotten out of the station in ages. I barrowed a digital Camera and took SK2 Hunt for a tour of the station grounds. It was a beautiful day as you can see and it was nice to feel the sun on my face without the stinging freezing wind. We have two new female seaman here that are doing quite well. They have no problem dishing back when people try to give them crap. It is actually very entertaining, a source of many smiles. So thank you Seaman Fuller and Seaman Eck. This is complimented by her exemplary scooter skills.
Back to the Station Grounds Tour. There is many tons of standing water around us now not including the bay or the ocean. The Whistle Pigs as we call them are our and about. I saw at least ten. Haley had a good time chasing them. She disappeared after one and we saw her about an hour later. So she had a good time. During my travels I saw several shipmates on the quads and some awesome scenery. As you can see I am very luck man. I have been given the opportunity to see and live in environments that few even see in their life time.
As you can see there is still snow on the beach and the bay and ocean are still partially frozen. It is beginning to break through. IT is difficult to see, but there are cracks down the entire snow covered beach where the ice has given way to water or land. The snow slopes in the distance are slowly collapsing and revealing the ground and rock below them. It may sound trivial, but when it snows so much and all you see is white. Seeing the contrasting browns, greens and various shades of color are a very welcoming sight.
Not nearly as colorful as the fall colors of Danville, but colorful in its own way. I wonder how it will look when I get back from mid-tour. Enjoy the pictures and Have a wonderful day. I will be in California very soon.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

CJ looks like you're having a good time up there. You have to give me the dates when your coming home this summer so we can meet up. I like to see the pictures of your adventures. Kinda jealous. Anyway you can always leave me a message on myspace. Hope to c you this summer. Take care.

Anonymous said...

Hey Darlin',
Wow, you have really gone far from our snow shoe adventures at Pinecrest! Remember that midnight "shoe" after that perfect snowfall and the clear sky and full moon? I am so glad that you appreciate nature the way you do, makes this adventure much more interesting. We are so excited about you comeing home...can't wait. See you soon, love Mom