15 February 2009

Sushi, Gaming and Working Hard






How is everyone doing? I can say I am doing well, but busy. On duty yesterday, I was dealing with issues all day with the sno-go, generators and potable water system. On Friday, we learned how to make sushi and had a great meal because of it. In addition, it was the birthday celebration for several people at the station so we had cake too. Unfortunately due to the issues with the equipment, we were not able to just hang out and celebrate. I had the pleasure of working on the snow-go with Myers by holding it up while he was changing the oil. I used my own brute strength, but the loader helped. I learned something new, so that was a good experience. The storm caused us some minor issues. It was a long day, but we were able to deal with them and get the runway clear and get a new ET here. Now that presidents day is coming up, we plan to have a BBQ if the weather is clears and its not -50 degrees outside. At the moment, that may not happen, but I am keeping my hopes up.
We have been playing some X Box and Wii. I am still bad, but not nearly as bad as I was a couple of days ago. I had to get used to the controls. The projector is great for it because it is large enough to do multiplayer very comfortably. Zombie mode is fun with gravity hammers. It is a good morale thing to do, even if you are not very good at it. We had a pool tournament and a poker tournament. I was not able to play poker due to the EOW watch, but I heard that they have had a good time. We started this KPC cash thing so we can bet on games, tournaments and whoever has the most money at the end of the quarter, wins a 200-dollar gift certificate to the exchange in Kodiak.
I do get to work is some cool conditions. It may be -80 degrees outside, but with the right gear it can be pretty fun. I get to work on a fairly complex generator setup. I get to operate some very large trucks and see some beautiful different looking dawn and dusks. It is a cool experience. I hope that everyone is having a wonderful day wherever they may be and hope to hear from you soon.

Ps Give Jasmine and Hobie some love and attention for me. Safe travels in Mexico and Happy Valentines day.

No comments: