10 February 2009

Heat Wave






We had a heat wave for a short while, above zero. Down to -16 now, but it was warm for a little while. So I imagined that I was snow surfing. I found out quickly that the wave does not move to much when it's frozen, who knew? One more log flight done and the sun is beginning to show itself more. We almost have a full crew now and the weather gave us another good storm. I took the proper opportunity to create a proper entrance to New Bay, and took a ride in the snow cat to clear some snow. As you can see the visibility was not great. It was not as bad as our epic storm, but still a good day of work and some play. I am not the only non-rate here, so some work is getting done unless that is today. Due to the fact that we got a coolant leak, my day was spent cleaning the generator room and refilling the generator cooling system. A busy, but good day.
The week has been typical otherwise. A fair amount a work to catch up to still, but that will keep the next week interesting. I have gotten use to the isolation and found ways to pass the time. The gym is still a good one. The food is still good and I am eating healthy. I had a beer the other night to get the edge of a long day.
It is still beautiful, however cold it may get. I still miss the family, but I am doing well. The year up hear is going quicker than I expected. Definitely an adventure, an experience, and something to remember for the rest of my life. Have a good day weather you are in Mexico or California. Talk to you soon.

1 comment:

Jay, Kathryn and Kensey said...

Ugh. Well I'm glad SOMEONE is getting a heat wave. I've had to don a sweatshirt for the chilly seventy degree evenings and mornings. Ugh. Haha, sounds like you're doing well! We miss you like crazy ceej!

Stay warm. Kens