26 January 2011

A Beautiul Experience thus far ...

There is much that can be said about the world and people we get to see. There is opportunity, and beauty beyond what we can imagine. Looking the night sky and beaches that I now live near is a humbling experience. The group I work with is a good group of people and it sounds like it should go well.



I should probably speak of the people first, considering they are what make this place as unique as it is. I was in school with Karina so I knew her. From there it is a small crew. Even with the small crew, we are a full clinic. We have every department from outpatient to pharmacy. I am in the outpatient department, so it has been a great opportunity. I have had the opportunity to work with Active Duty, Dependents and Children. It gets busy, but that makes the day go a little quicker. I even did training for the medical department for the entire Air Station. I suppose some would call than being thrown to the wolves, but I found it to be a good opportunity. It is nice to work with a good team. To top is off, I get to live on a island that people come to vacation on.

Karina and I spend the day on the beach one day and explored some of the local wave impact shaped caves. Just east of our beach entry, which I now know is called Survivor Beach, will be a place I set the camera up at a later date. I will have to be there in the morning before the tide comes in and washes the cave out again. It was a little difficult to get there over the sharp rocks, but well worth the view once there. This was followed by swim in the water. I tried to catch a pelican, but found out that they are able to fly faster than I can swim. Who would have thought? Karina found it amusing. I free dove about twenty feet down and although the salt water still stings the eyes, it is well worth it. I don’t remember the last time I was able to just swim in the ocean for an hour and not feel cold from the water. It was a very relaxing day on a tropical beach.

I am working on a tan as well, but that is yet to happen. I am going to go for the slow approach and maybe, just maybe after two years, I will not need to wear sunglasses to look in the mirror.

I have always appreciated the night, as many of you know. No matter where I am, there is a beauty to the night that is just stunning. What amazes me is the faithful view of a camera especially when you have a relatively long exposure. Our vision is amazing in the respect that it can handle virtually any light and have perfect clarity. The camera is not so creative, and has the tendency to surprise with how the pictures turn out. I think they turned out pretty good. Overall, life is good. I miss family, friends and of course Amy. Until I write again, enjoy every moment.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

CJ: Your photos are stunning, as always. It looks as though you are in paradise.

It is your birthday today and I have been thinking about you. I hope it is a happy one and that you celebrate it heartily.

Miss you. Love, Aunt Kathryn