28 September 2010

A Good Week

The Sun Setting on the Bay

It has been a good week. In addition to being a productive week of school, it was an amazing weekend on the San Francisco Bay and at Home. It was very nice to see my parents and the dogs. I spend the day on the boat with Alex, Amy and my Folks. I have a fortunate life and I am very grateful for the opportunities I have. Yes, I have been working hard, but I am doing well.

It has been unusually hot for the fall season. Almost like the summer weather was delayed by unknown factors. Sometimes it feels like the weather gods are playing dice, hence why the weatherman can never really get it right. I drove home on Friday night to be there for the sail on Saturday. It was a clear, warm and windy on the bay. If you have ever sailed the bay, it is one of those few diamonds the bay has ever year. Amy and Alex had never been on the boat, so it was a perfect day for them. The trip getting there was a little longer than expected, I got lost in Oakland.

Alex, Amy and I on the Bow of the Boat

The Admiral instructing Amy how to be a coxswain

Sailing under the Golden Gate

The wind was blowing but it was warm enough for shorts. The dingy was perfect to relax on the bow and the scenery was nothing less of spectacular. We ended up going out beyond the Golden Gate Bridge and I was able to get some nice photographs. Alex and Amy did quite a job at the helm. The Admiral (Mother) and the Captain (Father) did their job of keeping all of us safe. As you can probably see from the photographs, it was a truly spectacular day.

Before I forget, the world needs to be introduced to “The Dancing Machine.” He is a very good friend of mine, the friend I have known the longest and one of the most incredible people I know. Jeff has been through a lot in his life, and has managed to be an inspiration to many. As you can see, he inspired this dance floor to get going.

The Dancing Machine showing the world how to have a good time.

Until I write again or hear from the world, have a wonderful week. More work ahead, but so much to look forward to.

PS: Happy Belated Birthday Timothy!

No comments: