25 August 2009

Respecting the Adventure

I have respect for many things. The incredible scenery, the abundance of wildlife and people I am stationed with. We may give each other hard time or get a little aggravated at times. We may need to get a break and just be alone. That is true anywhere you go. Most importantly, we have respect for one another.

We do our job, and what we have to do to deal with our current situation. The longer I am here I can see that everyone trying. We all have out challenges, but we are there for each other while having a good time. No matter how hard we are on one another, we do it with respect in mind. More importantly it is how we deal with it. My father always told me the only thing we can control is the way we react to something. To some degree, we all partake. This is not to say that there is not some authentic conflict, but these are handled in a respectful manner regardless of severity.

As for the morale side of our relationships here, they are diverse. You have ET1 and FS1 constantly making fun of each other. FS3 taking the cap to MK1’s water bottle because his is broken. Stephens filling someone’s water bottle with a random liquid, or adding a copious amount of salt to it. Making fun of Stephens vocabulary or spelling. What was that word, “hapens?” The EPO mistaking sweet potatoes pie for pumpkin, then going after FS1 for not informing the station. He also put a sign in the pie to make sure everyone knew it was not pumpkin. It all happens randomly. One of the things that keep me going, is not knowing what is going to happen that day.


Unfortunately that may be an electrical fire that disables the fire alarm system, but so be it. At least something unexpected happened that day. I never know when there will be a beautiful sunset, or the weather will give us blue skies. All I know is that I don’t know. It all comes down to respect for that situation, for that person, or for whatever challenge we will have to face that day.

I suppose that one of the beautiful things about life is that we are all imperfect and are going to make mistakes. The test is how you deal with it. Again like my father told me on many occasions, it is not the trouble you get into, but how you get out of it. This was the lesson to story of how he accidently filled the sewer system with concrete.

On a side note, my first poll is in this blog. Does this character on the stations Wii resemble me? It was kindly made by one of my shipmates as a gift so I would have a character on the Wii. “It” plays golf well, but I don’t believe it is within grooming regulations. It all in good fun, and provides some good laughs when people walk through the movie lounge.


I am currently waiting on orders, and will keep every one informed when I find out. I can’t wait to see the folks, my little sister Kensey, the Extended family, my friends and the dogs. Until I transfer out of here I will be enjoying every moment and appreciating the experience of this part of the world.

3 comments:

The Cimoli Family said...

Yep the person on the WII Just looks like you. So what is in the first photo if not pumpkin? Whats the story on the. Hope to hear soon.

Unknown said...

Your Wii persona seems a little more buff!! Hobie

Unknown said...

I have really enjoyed reading your blog. My son arrived at Cape May this past Tuesday so he is nearly one year behind you and it has been interesting to read about some of the possibilities that his next year might hold. I appreciate your efforts here and I look forward to reading about you as your CG career progresses.