05 June 2011

Life Goes On ... as it always has

All is resolved and the wait is finally over. With a lot a lot of character, perseverance and luck, I was able to rise above and seize the opportunity to take on another chapter in life. I cannot deny that I barely held myself together at times, but I suppose it is not a true test if we are not pushed to our limit. One thing for certain is that my time here is short. I will be transferred to another unit, I don’t know where, but it was the best course of action. This adventure in Puerto Rico will end, but the time I had here will not be forgotten. Fortunately, I have learned a few new life lessons to help me along the way.

In my time here, I have seen some very beautiful sights, met some incredible people, some not so great people and explored the underwater world. My Short list includes the rainforest and Bioluminescent Bay. There is a lot that Puerto Rico has to offer, and it is definitely not like home or anywhere else I have been. Port Clarence was the most unique, but that is difficult to top. The water is very peaceful, clear and filled with life. The rain as I said is melodramatic, and the sunsets are stunning. The plant life is diverse as the imagination and if you love to lounge out on the beach, there is no lack of space. Although I will only have around six months here, it feels like it will be enough for the moment. Six months is a long time to feel like you suppose to be on vacation. I honestly miss the variance of seasons, from winter to summer. Considering everything that this place is, I can see why people love it here.

It has been a firm reminder of the truth that many opportunities are just for a moment, yet will shape up for a lifetime. You never know how long you will be able to enjoy a blessing. If you can gracefully move on and let go, then life has the potential to be as wonderful as imagined. That is not to say that it is going to be easy, but who said life was suppose to be anything? In my short years, my life is not what I imagined, nor expected. I hope to see everyone soon. Until then, Enjoy Every Moment.

No comments: