21 May 2011

The Places We Enjoy

In the time I have been here, I have found some places that I enjoy. As for me, I enjoy these places due to the atmosphere, good People, Good Food and a the beautiful view. I figure when it comes to meeting people, it will happen or it won’t. If you try to hard, you will probably be disappointed. With that that said, I have written about one of those places I enjoy. As you probably know, I enjoy my adventures and my sunsets. They always seem to make life a little sweeter even when that is all there is at the moment. Puerto Rico offers a multitude of beautiful beaches, sunsets and weather.


I have to admit that the rain feels very different here, but like all things, it is a matter of perspective. When it rains in the Bay Area I am usually wearing something that is fairly waterproof and designed for colder weather. When it rains here, I usually get caught in a short torrential downpour that soaks you in the time it takes to reach your car fifty feet away. In addition, I am wearing shorts and a t-shirt. As you can imagine, it would be slightly different than wearing a gortex jacket and jeans. I still love the rain, it just takes some to get used to.


 One of my favorite places to go in Ola-Lola’s Garden Bar. It is a small place out by Shacks Beach and is literally a garden with a small bar and tables to serve food. The catch is that the food is absolutely delicious and it feels like you are going home when you eat there. No offense meant mother, just saying that it feels like your part of the family. There are a few others places that offer great food and service in the area, but few compare to the caliber of quality. I pose the question, where else can you get a peanut butter burger. It may sound a little different to your taste buds, but it is one of the best burgers I have had in my life. And don’t forget about the dessert. I would attempt to describe in words, but that would not do it justice. I was going to take a picture of my dessert tonight, but unfortunately forgot to take the picture before I ate it. If that does not say that the food is delicious, I don’t know what does. If you ever come out here on a weekend, this is definitely a place I will bring you.



Work is going as well as it can. I am still waiting for some light at the end of this tunnel, but I have done all I can, so no need for me to stress anymore than I already have. On a better note, I start my SCUBA classes tomorrow and have already spoken with the local SCUBA group. I will keep you updated, until then enjoy every moment.

No comments: