24 July 2009

Fueling, Reindeer and ATV's







The evolution is complete. The Diesel storage tanks are full and it was approximately 18.5 hours of pumping from a barge off the south beach of the station in the bay. I was am still recovering from being up for many hours with little sleep. Along with the fueling can the sanitary water system malfunctioning and not having working toilets for nearly 24 hours. Fortunately MK1 Bacher, MK3 Stephens, Mk2 Schmoll,BM2 Peterson, Chief Rahn and visiting staff from CEU Juneau had the skill and patience to figure out and resolve the issue. It is very nice to have working toilets. But the fueling is done and toilets work so the stress in this place has drastically dropped. It got better.
There was a reindeer sighting on the station grounds and I got the opportunity to see it. As you can see it is not very old and I hope that the rest of the heard is on the way. Otherwise I fear that it will become pray to either Haley or to some other predator out there. Regardless it is very cute and we got very close to it. I think it was a little confused. To top that off Fireman Masters, ET3 Cash and I went out on the ATV's and had some fun on the beach and around the station grounds. It was very fun. The rollers on the beach are alot of fun. But it is always nice to get out of the station. The pictures can say more than I can put in words, so enjoy and sorry if I have not talked to people to much, but it has been a very hectic week. I am hoping that next week is a little more predictable. That seems to be the nature of this place, either predictable and kind of boring or everything going wrong at once like this week was.

No comments: