08 November 2008

KPC Halloween and More



  My first halloween in the Coast Guard and and in isolated duty. It was a good party. Borat, Justin Timberlake and Bubba Fett made an appearance. Played some pool, washers and had some great food. I was on duty, so I was not able to have any drinks, but I was entertained. Washers was fun because you can do anything to distract the person throwing the washer as long as you don't disrupt the flight path or make contact. Everyone was just having a good time. Not much more I could say.
  I am beginning to settle in up here. Getting my Qualifications done. There are morale games, vehicles and some ATV's. Although I don't know how long we will be able to use them until the snow builds up too much. It getting colder and I am adapting quick. I worked in 20 degree weather with nothing but a t-shirt on. It was surprising to not even notice how cold it was until I was about to go back in.
  It is diverse group of people up here. I am getting to know them and figuring out what I want to do. I have not decided what rate to go with. I want to do something with EMS or medical. But I also want to be in the field. So I am considering Health Services, Information Systems, or an aviation rating. You pick your rate, you pick your fate. So I am going to take my time, I have four months until I can put my name on the list. It is still beautiful up here and I have not gotten sick of the cold yet. I miss having Hobie and the family around but there is not much I can do about that so I will just have to wait.
  The weather is just starting to really turn to winter with constant storms and very cold temperatures. Soon we will just have three hours of daylight and it will start at 1200. That should be interesting. I shot some guns, that was fun. A shotgun and a rifle. There is a shooting range on the station property that we are able to use. One good thing about the limited choices up here is what you can do like go to the gym. Something that is good for you and kills time. It is not what I expected, but it is well worth the challenges thus far.

1 comment:

Jay, Kathryn and Kensey said...

i would really like to know where you got that costume...

love you!