09 November 2008

Helo Pizza Delivery Service






It has been and eventful and surprising week. We had pizza delivered to the station by a helicopter. I saw the T-Building and in then not so surprising news, it is still stunningly beautiful up here. The Helo was definately the high light of the week because I can now say that I had pizza delivered from a helo. Who can say that? I also got to speak with some aviation rates to find out if that is a direction I want to go, I still don't know, but I have time. I also got a tour of T-Building where the Loran Tower is powered from. It may be old technology, but it is interesting to see that still in use. You don't see vacuum tubes very much anymore. The crazy part is that there is so much radiation going through the conduits, a flourencent bulb will light up if put in the vicinity of the conduit. I suppose a million watts has the the power to do that. I didn't go shooting this week, but I put a picture up of the range. That is me shooting a shot gun if anyone was wondering. It was fun, now that I have training with projectile weapons, I am not intimidated by guns anymore. It is relaxing in a stange sense. The rest of the week was pretty typical. I am close to finishing my qualifications as an engineer watchstander. Once I finish that I will be able to start focusing on the college courses. Have a great day, enjoy the pictures.


1 comment:

Jay, Kathryn and Kensey said...

Thanks for the updates CJ. It looks like a fun group looking at the Halloween pics. Good luck on your qualifying and keep the updates coming. Love you and miss you, MOM