24 April 2011

IF

I am usually one to write my own inspiration, even in my hardest times my personal strength and faith has always carried me through. But I found inspiration from a poem that many of you probably know. My Aunt Kathy sent it to me and it happened to be at a family friends funeral. It was a very helpful to me that I had to add my small part to it. Like always, we find out who truly cares when the people that care about us reach out to help us in any way they can. We can never truly thank them, other than to return the favor and be there for them.

IF by Rudyard Kipling

IF you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you,
If you can trust yourself when all men doubt you,
But make allowance for their doubting too;
If you can wait and not be tired by waiting,
Or being lied about, don't deal in lies,
Or being hated, don't give way to hating,
And yet don't look too good, nor talk too wise:

If you can dream - and not make dreams your master;
If you can think - and not make thoughts your aim;
If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster
And treat those two impostors just the same;
If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
Or watch the things you gave your life to, broken,
And stoop and build 'em up with worn-out tools:

If you can make one heap of all your winnings
And risk it on one turn of pitch-and-toss,
And lose, and start again at your beginnings
And never breathe a word about your loss;
If you can force your heart and nerve and sinew
To serve your turn long after they are gone,
And so hold on when there is nothing in you
Except the Will which says to them: 'Hold on!'

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
' Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch,
if neither foes nor loving friends can hurt you,
If all men count with you, but none too much;
If you can fill the unforgiving minute
With sixty seconds' worth of distance run,
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

now my small contribution ...

If, you can give your all, expecting nothing back, or nothing gained;
And try your best, to be the best their is of you;
and the end or beginning comes in any moment.
Then you have done all you can, or all you must, or is required;
Peace is yours, and there is nothing to fear.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the thoughtful writing and the gorgeous photos. I haven't visited your blog in some time (since maybe a few months after you left the Loran Station!!), but you are doing a wonderful job.

Keep the faith!

D17 Shipmate