05 October 2009

Preparing to Transfer Out


My final orders have come through and the transfer process have officially began. After some leave time to get settled in California again, I will report to Air Station San Francisco. I look forward to seeing the family, although they will not be there when I arrive home. They are visiting my sister in Hawaii. Hopefully I will be able to catch up with some friends on the journey home. Still this place has a way of keeping things interesting.

The Alex Haley came in to the bay and their Helo gave the crew rides around the area. And once again, food provided for some good morale. On Friday Mr. Todd surprised us with the opportunity to take a ride on helo accompanying the Alex Haley in its Bearing Sea Patrol. The helo landed on the runway and took four people at a time to see the area. We did not go to close to the Alex Haley, but the spit looks very different from the air. I never saw the curves when I went down it on an ATV. Nor has it been clear enough to see from that angle since I have been here and in a plane or Helo. It was a fun ride. BM2 Peterson gave the aircrew some haircuts and the CO gave them a tour of the station.

As is has always been since I have been here, food is a source of morale. That may be the quality and variety or how we make fun of each other with the food. The pictures should explain it all. FS1 Chattin did not eat the bowl, Sn Miller did and claimed it was going to his biceps as he flexed. I think that he was serious, either way it was funny. I had a couple cups, not the best thing for me to eat, but they tasted great and that is what matters.


I am in the home stretch just getting the paperwork done and packing up my belongings to ship them off. Once again, I look forward to being home and seeing family and friends once again. I will keep you updated and see everyone soon.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Whooo Hooooo... CJ is coming back to the real world!! Will have missed you. Wife and Kids are looking forward in seeing you again. Have a safe trip down here. Give me a call or leave me a voice mail and I will call you right back. Take good care.

Mark and Family

Unknown said...

The Helo ride looks awesome. Really great to see the area from the air. As much as I am looking forward to having you home, in a funny way I am really going to miss Port Clarence. Your blog has brought it to life for so many people. I kind of feel that bitter-sweet emotion of saying goodbye and moving on.....yes, I know, I am such a sap!!!See you soon, Mom