06 December 2008

The Crew, My Room and The Aurora





I experienced my first departure yesterday. Sn Reyes headed to Station Lake Tahoe for his next assignment and in about 5 months this entire crew will have changed. The crew created a gauntlet and had him walk through as he said goodbyes to everyone and then dogpilled him in the snow before he was allowed to head out to the plane. He will be missed. That is just how it works up here. So I posted a picture of the entire crew for all to see. It was taken in the Rec Deck if anyone was wondering. I also posted some pictures of my room now that my household goods have arrived. The group picture is not as entertaining as the Halloween pictures, but what formal picture is? Reyes is the third from the left, back row.
Now to my room. It is not to shabby. It is large than I thought it would be and now it feels alot more like home. Don't worry mom I will get a picture of you up somewhere, I just have to find a good one. It is comfortable and the one place in the station that I can get away from everyone if I choose, atleast most of the time. I have also contacted Humboldt State about finishing my degree through distance learning with them. I have not heard back, but there are other options to take if Humboldt cannot do it. A registrar is working is looking into it for me at the moment.
Last but not least, I saw the Aurora. It was very beautiful. I attempted to get photos of it, but unfortunately is was not good lighting to get pictures. It was to small to really stand out. I hope to see a more prominent aurora and get some great pictures, but I can say that I have seen it now. One thing done on the list. I hope that everyone is having a good holiday season and I love and miss you all.

1 comment:

Jay, Kathryn and Kensey said...

Hi Ceej, Great posts. We are so glad that you saw the northern lights. Your room looks great and we like seeing the fam. pics. Seems like everyone works at making the post a good experience, and it is a fine looking bunch.

Our adventure is going great. Matzatlan was lovely and urban. We are now at Chabala which is a little bay that reminds us of Cane Garden Bay in the BVI. We are anchored about 100 yds off the beach. We haven't even put the dingy in the water, we either swim or kayak in. keep the blogs and emails coming we love you and miss you,Mom, Dad and Kensey